One of the most pressing financial issues that many people face after being involved in a car wreck is trying to figure out how to pay for their medical bills. In the video below, personal injury attorney Sam Harrold discusses the different pools of funds available for auto accident victims, and how to get the best resolution by hiring an experienced personal injury attorney.

As a Personal Injury Attorney, I’ve seen good people get taken advantage of by large insurance companies because they don’t understand how the system works. There are a few things injured people should know if they want to get the compensation they deserve.

One of the biggest questions I’m asked is “How Do I Pay For Medical Bills After I’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident?”

There are 2 pools of funds that are available for those who have been injured in an automobile accident:

1. The At-Fault Party’s insurance company.

In WV, motorists are required by law to keep at least $25,000 in “bodily injury protection” insurance. This is part of every auto insurance policy available in the state and is required to help those who have been hurt pay their medical bills.

2. Under-Insured Motorist Insurance.

Oftentimes, medical bills can easily exceed $25,000. In this case, people who have been injured in a car wreck can go to their own insurance company…IF they carry UIM (Under-Insured Motorist) coverage. This coverage requires the injured party’s insurance company to pay for medical treatment once the At-Fault party’s insurance runs out of money.

There are many advantages to working with an experienced personal injury attorney after being hurt in an auto accident. We understand the system and what tactics insurance companies will use in order to pay out as little as possible, and can maximize the compensation our clients can get for not only to cover medical bills and lost wages, but also for their pain and suffering throughout the healing process.

I offer free consultations to those who have been hurt in car accidents, motorcycle wrecks, commercial vehicle collisions, and other types of injuries. Simply click the link below to request a consultation: